What is an electronic signature? - NextGear Capital Ireland
Electronic signatures can take many forms. Examples include typing your name into an electronic document, such as an email; a scanned paper signature; signing your usual signature on a screen or digital pad (e.g. signing for a delivery on a courier’s handheld PDA), clicking a ‘button’ on a website to confirm an order.
All these methods of electronic signature are capable of showing legally that the signatory had the necessary authenticating intention that the party signing the document intended to be bound by the its terms.
- What is the difference between an electronic signature and a 'wet ink' signature?
- Are electronic signatures legally binding?
- How can you prove who actually signed with DocuSign?
- Are electronic signatures widely used?
- Why are NextGear Capital using electronic signatures?
- How do I sign NextGear Capital documentation using DocuSign?