How can you prove who actually signed with DocuSign?
The electronic signature is linked to the unique device used to sign and the signer to their unique email address to which the document was sent. A record of this together with a time stamp of when the document was opened and signed by that person is kept, and courts accept this as evidence that that person was the one who signed.
- What is an electronic signature?
- What is the difference between an electronic signature and a 'wet ink' signature?
- Are electronic signatures legally binding?
- Are electronic signatures widely used?
- Why are NextGear Capital using electronic signatures?
- How do I sign NextGear Capital documentation using DocuSign?